Have you ever felt mentally weak, confused, lost, powerless, at war with yourself, your beliefs or behaviours?
Maybe you feel driven towards negative behaviours or habits like smoking or eating?
Have you ever realised that you are capable of so much more, but you just can’t seem to get it right on your own?
I have been there and I although I can never know exactly how you feel I have an inkling of what it could be like for you.
Mind Coaching and Hypnotherapy
I help you create new map of what has happened and what will happen in a process called “Hypnotic Mind Coaching” and “Remapping”. In many cases I will help you work with the most powerful aspects of your unconscious mind and that is your imagination and your belief structure.
I am part of a revolutionary new movement of coaches and trainers known as “Mind Coaches”.
“The answers”, they say, “lies within” and I will help you find it.
So what is Hypnosis and hypnotherapy?
Have you have ever been influenced by words, persuasive advertising or by one of your own doubts? Have you ever walked into a shop and left with more than you intended to buy?
Then you have been subject to a type of hypnosis called the art of suggestions, without anybody telling you. Most advertising executives have received extensive training in hypnotic and persuasive languages.
Hypnotherapy is simply a therapeutic process using elements of hypnosis. A large part of what I do is teach you the only real form of hypnosis and that is self-hypnosis
Self Hypnosis is a communication process that amplifies learning in the brain. Hypnosis takes place when you are mentally relaxed, physically relaxed and are focussed on one message or idea and open to your own suggestions.
When you relax after a long day with a cigarette and a drink and say, “I really need this” then you are hypnotizing yourself into needing it. Yep.. and you though it only happened on stage!
Or what about “it’s really hard to stop smoking! I just can’t do this!”
In reality most professional mind coaches and hypnotherapists are actual “De-hypnotists” because we help you “deprogram yourself from your own limiting beliefs and decisions.
“I can’t stop eating”
“I can’t control my emotions”
“I can’t get over the past”
“I am anxious of the future”
“I am scared of flying”
Are all examples of how people become automatically programmed by their environment.
Mental Self Defence
Hypnosis and Self Hypnosis is not mind control, it is putting you back in the position of controlling your own mind
By learning elements of self hypnosis and Wholemind technology you are better able to control your thoughts, your feelings and of course your behaviour.
What can hypnotherapy be used for?
- Negative emotions, such as depression, anxiety, anger, rage, sadness, fear, phobias and negativity.
- Stress and anxiety management
- Grief & loss
- Lack of direction in life
- Fat Loss and bad eating habits
- Body self image
- Self esteem, self worth, self image
- Life Coaching
- Pain Management
- Motivation and living a purpose driven life
- Relationship coaching
- Helping your emotional mind leave the past where it really is, passed on by…
So what is Hypnosis?
A word has as much power as the associations attached to it. History is littered with examples of words whose meaning has been corrupted by incorrect usage. Hypnosis is ne of those words and after this section I will not be using the word again.
Lets begin with what it is not.
- It is not communing with the ancestors
- It is not entering into league with the devil
- It is not anti Christian nor is it pro Christian
- It is no more spiritual than the reaction of pupils to the daylight
- It is not sleep, nor becoming totally unconscious and unresponsive. That is called death and we try to avoid that for as long as possible.
I am often astounded at the number of people who tell me that hypnosis is a bad thing and when pressed to actually describe it they find that they cannot. There are so many definitions of hypnosis that it has now failed to be of any use in the English language.
When my Christian friends think of hypnosis they often visualise eyes rolling into the back of heads and speaking in tongues. Oh hand on, isn’t that some of the Churches that encourage that?
Hypnosis, Monoideism or just plain Wholemind imagination is defined hereunder. If you are thinking of anything else that does not match this definition then you are using the wrong word.
There are five components of hypnosis
- A natural State of mind. You enter hypnoidal states when you fall asleep and when you wake up.
- Free of the censorship of the critical part of the WholeMind. That is part of the conscious mind that decides one whether something matches your old belief system.
- Where you are focussed on one idea exclusively, sometimes your own suggestions and ideas and sometimes those from a CD or a therapist or coach.
- With an engaged and active imagination. Creating and event or idea in your own mind. Visualisation.
- Normally, but not exclusively in a relaxed and alert state, sometimes called the Alpha state because of the types of brain waves that are differentiate this from a normal active waking state.
In this focussed state you are more receptive to suggestions from yourself or from external input. Old ideas can once again be examined, old beliefs can be re-evaluated.
Hypnosis Happens All Over The Place
This description should also make it clear that Wholemind imagination and hypnotic states are in no way restricted to the therapy room.
There is no mention of mind control, there is no mention of a takeover by a strange unconscious mind, and there is no mention of sprits, ungodly or otherwise.
People at sports events, school lectures, church services, motivational speakers, various audiences, watching television, reading a book and golfers, are all meeting the general definition of Wholemind hypnotic imagination.
The difference between just imagining something and doing it in a Wholemind way is that you begin to use the same neuro-linguistic circuitry as you do when perceiving reality.
This means that Wholemind imagination is far more real and helps create maps within your mind that have stronger neural networks that just hoping, thinking or imagining.
How Can You Learn More about Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy?
There are three ways that you can benefit from the magic of Hypnosis and Wholemind technology.
1: Make a personal appointment
2: Purchase a CD or download from www.wholemind.co.za
3: Attend a workshop or training course
4: Attend a webinar and online training